- Cotton is one of the most popular choices for men's shirts in India. It is breathable, lightweight, and absorbs moisture, making it comfortable, especially during hot and humid weather.
- Linen is another excellent choice for warm climates. It has natural breathability and moisture-wicking properties, allowing air circulation and keeping the body cool. Linen shirts are comfortable and have a relaxed, casual look.
- Khadi is a handspun and handwoven fabric that originated in India. It is known for its breathability and ability to keep the body cool. Khadi shirts are often preferred for their traditional and sustainable appeal.
- Seersucker is a lightweight cotton fabric with a puckered texture. It is designed to be breathable and provides good airflow, making it suitable for hot and humid conditions.
- Poplin is a tightly woven cotton fabric that is smooth and durable. It is lightweight and breathable, making it suitable for both casual and formal shirts in moderate temperatures.
- Madras cotton is a lightweight, breathable fabric that originated in the Indian city of Madras (Chennai). It is often used for casual shirts and is known for its vibrant check patterns.
- Bamboo fabric is a sustainable and eco-friendly choice. It has natural moisture-wicking properties, making it comfortable in warm weather. Bamboo fabric is also hypoallergenic.
- Modal is a type of rayon made from beech tree fibers. It is soft, breathable, and drapes well, making it a comfortable option for shirts in various climates.
- Cambric is a lightweight, plain-weave cotton fabric that is suitable for warm weather. It has a smooth texture and provides good breathability.
- Microfiber blends, incorporating fabrics like polyester or nylon, can be lightweight and moisture-wicking. These blends are often used in performance or sportswear shirts.